Caring for Karndean...
Maintaining the beauty and longevity of your Karndean floor is easy with the right cleaning and maintenance routine. Here are some tips and advice to help you keep your floor looking its best for years to come.
To take the best possible care of your Karndean Designfloor, we recommend using the Karndean Clean range. These products have been designed by Karndean especially to refresh and revitalise your floor.
You can pick up a Karndean Floor Care Kit at your nearest Fludes Carpets store. The kit contains the following:
- Karndean Clean – a PH neutral solution for regular cleaning. Add 50ml to 8-10 litres of water and mop the floor, waiting until dry before walking on it.
- Karndean Remove – apply before Karndean Refresh to help prepare your floor.
- Karndean Refresh – creates a satin finish to your floor and helps protect it from marks and fine scratches. NB the above two products should be used every six months for optimum effect.
- Refresh Pad and Remove Pad – separate pads for the two-part process.
- Floor Protector Pack – bits and pieces to place under furniture to prevent scratching your floor.
- Floor Care Guide – to ensure you know what you’re doing!
The enhanced surface treatments within these products protect your floor from everyday wear and tear, including scuffs, scratches and spillages.
Using cleaning products that contain bleach or other chemicals can cause damage to your floor.
For more information cleaning Karndean floors, visit the Karndean Cleaning and Maintenance Guide.
In addition to regular cleaning, your Karndean floor may require some maintenance over time. Here are some tips to help you keep your floor looking like new:
- Protect your floor from scratches and scuffs by placing felt pads under furniture legs and using door mats to trap dirt and grit.
- Avoid exposing your floor to excessive sunlight, which can cause fading and discolouration. Use blinds or curtains to reduce the amount of direct sunlight.
- For larger scratches or damage, you can replace individual tiles or planks. Contact us for assistance.